Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Eagle Tech Computers D-Series External Storage System 
CPickford
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 09:22:40    Post Subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your prompt replies. I'm going to go ahead and try it anyway... but I know it's a long shot. The good news is, the data isn't irreplaceable. I'm pretty sure I can rebuild just about everything that was on there, thanks to keeping our project files and video files on separate drives... but when we've got projects waiting to be edited, and they're already delayed by having to rebuild our editing suite, I'm hoping to avoid added delays from having to recapture all our footage.

I did try plugging the same drives into my computer at home, and Windows Vista recognized them as two separate drives, but couldn't access the data (obviously) and was prompting me to format them. Clearly, Windows Vista is missing the point.

Again, thanks for your input. I'll post an update once it arrives, and give you the verdict. Here's hoping for miracles! Cool In the worst case, we'll have yet another method of storing files - particularly as we move into HD editing.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved