Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: X-Mas Upgrade Questions 
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 14:11:14    Post Subject: Reply with quote

8800GTS 640MB, add-on PS and the 24" LCD will eat up almost all of your $1000 budget. Will barely leave much for a CPU/MB/RAM.

I would agree with Feelgood, a 22" would be really good as well, and depending on your exact quality requirements, you can get a pretty good 22" widescreen for $200 - $300. Possibly less if you do some work on Black Friday (day after Thanksgiving).

I got my 22" Westinghouse (not the best monitor by far), last year for $200 on BlackFriday. I've seen other 22" monitors on sale recently for even less than that.

The $300 you save with a smaller monitor will allow you to get the MB/CPU. Figuring $200 for a mid-range CPU, and $100 for a decent MB. A new Intel P35 or X38 MB will cost you more than that obviously.

Then figure in the amount/type of memory you need. 2GB is what I would recommend. Then the type depends on your MB (DDR2 or DD3). DDR2 most likely due to your budget.

Check out NewEgg for the PS, should be able to get a decent PS for $100 - $125, even an Ultra PS wouldn't be too bad if you're trying to save money, and you can get them less than $100, sometimes even close to free.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved