Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: NZXT Lexa Blackline Performance Midtower ATX Case 
polarity13jp
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 13:16:05    Post Subject: Reply with quote

I just recieved one of these and my only complaint is the quality of the fans. They all have 4-pin molex pass through connectors instead of the 3-pin connectors that can be used on the motherboard or with fan controllers. Also they're missing the third wire used for RPM measurement.

The bearings in the fans are the sleeve bearing type, so over time they'll wear out, and the fans will start to wobble, fail to reach full speed, and make a lot of noise (in my experience sleeve bearing fans do this after about 1 year of high use, or as little as 8 months if on all the time).

My last 2 cases were a Chieftec Dragon, which still has nice quiet ball bearing fans after over 5 years, and an Arctic Cooling Silentium T2 pro, which isn't old enough to know if the fans will last, but they look to be high quality, as it's designed to be quiet.

I wish more case manufacturers would take the same step with fans as they did with power supplies , which is to leave them out if they can't put quality components in (I don't want to single out NZXT as plenty of other manufacturers are guilty of this). I don't need cheap parts in it that push the price up, and will have to be removed. Otherwise this is a high quality case that looks stunning.

(BRRRRRrrrrrrRRRRRRRrrrrrrRRRRRRRrrrrrrRRRRRRR It's only a matter of time)

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved