Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: raid cards, vista, dx10 
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 20:24:27    Post Subject: Reply with quote

From an enterprise standpoint there are more advantages to Vista than just DX10 (which isn't used much in an enterprise environment). The ability to raise a users rights level by a single application helps when they only need elevated (admin) rights to run one piece of software like SAS or Business Objects Designer. Some of the other things like locking out all devices except an approved device by model/manufacturer is also helpful. There are others, but those are the two that pop out at me Smile

Oh, and nothing to say about BitLocker yet...we've still not decided whether it's worthy enough to replace our other FDE utility.

For home users though, you're right, not much other than DX10.

Well, other than what I said about raising rights for a specific application, ie: raise the rights only for anti-virus and spyware then my sons computer stays up to date, but he can't install anything. Under XP, on a limited account, AVG and Spybot wouldn't update until I logged in with my admin account.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved