Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: My EVGA GeForce 7900 journey 
vileguy
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 03:15:54    Post Subject: My EVGA GeForce 7900 journey Reply with quote

Hey guys. I built my comp last year with help from u guys here. A while ago I was having graphical issues due to the faulty line of video cards in which the one I purchased belongs to. I finally submitted a request for an RMA when my computer ceased to run completely, and even though a year had passed since my purchase date (by a whole 2 weeks sadly), EVGA has sent me a replacement. I am awaiting the arrival of my new card and am so far very pleased.

My original card was the GeForce 7900GT KO, 256-P2-N567-AX specifically. It ran great until it apparently was damaged by overheating. After talking to a friend I was informed of the faults in the cooling system for the card which affirmed the wide range of testimonies of overheating cards of this model.

Amazingly, EVGA seems to have sent me an upgrade at the cost of only $10 for shipping, or so far that's all I've paid. They're sending me a 512mb replacement, the "superclocked" 7950GT KO. I don't care much if it runs a little faster as long as it doesn't overheat, but this surprise pleases me. 512-P2-N637-AR or http://www.evga.com/products/moreinfo.asp?pn=512-P2-N637-AR&family=22 for the card they're sending me. I'm somewhat assuming the stock gpu fan will be just as bad or almost as bad as the one on my last card, so I will try to replace it with one that features a large heat sync and larger fan. I live in a somewhat warm area (south Bay Area) and want to avoid any possible heat-related damage.

I was pretty frustrated with EVGA at first but truly they have responded/worked rather quickly, this issue with the 7900 seems to be related to all the manufacturers, not just EVGA, and I'm really happy with the service I've gotten. Not some weird EVGA sellout or anything but I'm gunna recommend them and continue to use them until I see reason not to.

Lastly, anyone have any tips for me as to how to go about dealing with my new product? I have a 550W Sunbeam PSU and I believe it has the 24V cable for auxilary power. If I replace the fan on the video card when it arrives (assuming it needs to be replaced) and connect everything can I expect flawless victory?

Sunbeam NUUO SUNNU550-US-SV

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved