Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Thermalright HR-05 IFX SLI Chipset Cooler 
Case Cutter
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 18:09:17    Post Subject: Reply with quote

Not to long ago installed one of these and also found their hardware unstable and very lacking. I end up using a set of old thread stand-off’s that where stud-ed on both ends. One side was made to use the regular tension spring and captive Philips head nut. I believe they where from a GPU or some other chip cooler I scrounge, I probably tossed the cheap cooler, but always hold onto the hardware. I ended up cutting the opposite stud-ed end and drilled and tapped it to accept a stand mobo screw (M8?). Then as the computer was all wired I didn’t want to completely pull the mobo. I carefully drilled very small holes to locate where too drill two larger access holes in the mobo tray. I just un-screwed the mobo and protect the back with a piece of thin plywood then open up the holes with one of those stepped bits. My cooler works awesome and chip temps at idle went down 8C (passive). As you stated, everything about this is top notch, why aren’t they providing the superlative hardware… instead of chinsy-cheesey. Two Cents

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved