Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: ASUS P4C800 Bios upgrade? 
mako88sb
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 15:35:39    Post Subject: ASUS P4C800 Bios upgrade? Reply with quote

Hi. First posting on this site and I appreciate any help that I can get. I recently bought a 3.4 Prescott cpu for my P4C800 Deluxe MB with a 2.4 cpu. I installed it it along with a new Gigabyte G-Power Cooler Pro. Well, at power up, I got "cpu failure due to overclocking" I had run the auto update for my MB but no new updates reported so I assumed my BIOS was okay. The manual says this MB would be Prescott compatible once those chips where available but after checking on the internet a bit, it seems it may only be good for up to 3.2. However, some say up to 3.4. Which one is correct? If 3.4, where can I get the Bios upgrade to suit it? I'm somewhat new to this so hopefully I'm making sense here.

I re-installed my old chip for now and with the new HS and fan, I'm able to use the ASUS overclocking option to get 3.14 Ghz which is probably good enough for me but since I do have this new chip, it would be great if I can use it.

Forgot to mention that after putting the new chip back in, I keep getting "cpu test failed" at start up but everything runs okay. how would I get rid of that message. Thanks.

Rob

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved