Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Upgrades 
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 21:57:11    Post Subject: Upgrades Reply with quote

Right now I'm running a dinosaur of a PC, been putting off building a new system for a year or so. Each time I go to price out a new PC, I end up pricing out a "dream" system - which is way out of my budget. That and been trying to hold out for the new AMD core CPU's to be released(will not have an Intel desktop - ever).

I'd like a budget mobo that will allow for SLI at a later date - but that means spending $200-300 on a half decent video card because my AGP card wont work. lol Thus means the need for a $100-200 PSU to feed the two cards later too. It never ends.. lol CPU's and memory are cheap these days though..

But if I buy now, God knows a better deal will come along within the next week. Trying not to spend alot on a system, but still have a system that is an upgrade from my present unit and will be decent for a couple years.

I dont game much anymore, but I multi-task like a mofo. So, the more core/cpu's there are - the better.. CAD-E, big file transfers, surfing pr0n with 10-20 browser windows open, email, 2-3 IM appz open, etc.. Only game I play is BF1942, no intentions to play any other game in the near future. I was hoping to have a quad core in my next upgrade - but I really dont see that happening this time.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved