Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Fiber Help! 
Blue|Fusion
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 16:37:33    Post Subject: Reply with quote

Since a call to Netgear would cost me more money, I sent in a trouble ticket which I expect they will say "we can't help you because you're using third party hardware" or something like that.

With what you said above, though in number 2...
I do notice that the laser strength in the ServerIron side is weaker than the SFP modules. However, when I cold boot (unplug/plug) the ServerIron, the lasers are at higher intensity for about a minute and then drop back down to a very low intensity. When the lasers are at higher intensity, the Netgear detects a link for a little while but no data transmission is possible and the link goes down at the Netgear end again.

So what I am trying to figure out if there is a reason these lasers become less intense (in one step, not a gradual decrease) in the SI or if maybe it's because the module is old and needs to be replaced.

By the way, I was also discussing this over at WHT, and some people brought up some points but was quickly shot down if you want to see what I tried already:
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=621884

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved