Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: TMDS 
Blue|Fusion
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 22:15:58    Post Subject: TMDS Reply with quote

Haven't started a new topic in a while, but here it goes...

So today I was fiddling around with my Laptop and setting it up to output video to my TV. After toying with that I found some extra odds and ends to throw at my desktop nVidia configuration. While I was doing a little testing I came across something and I'm not entirely sure of what it is and if it is a problem or not. And mind you, I am running Linux on here, but I do have Windows XP installed for gaming if any output from Windows can help.

Anyway, in my Xorg logfile I found the following:
Code:
(--) NVIDIA(0): Connected display device(s) on GeForce 7800 GTX at PCI:3:0:0:
(--) NVIDIA(0):     ViewSonic VX922 (DFP-0)
(--) NVIDIA(0):     ViewSonic VX922 (DFP-1)
(--) NVIDIA(0): ViewSonic VX922 (DFP-0): 310.0 MHz maximum pixel clock
(--) NVIDIA(0): ViewSonic VX922 (DFP-0): Internal Dual Link TMDS
(--) NVIDIA(0): ViewSonic VX922 (DFP-1): 155.0 MHz maximum pixel clock
(--) NVIDIA(0): ViewSonic VX922 (DFP-1): Internal Single Link TMDS

I don't know what TMDS exactly is or if the monitors (same model, but bought a year apart) having different "TMDS links" and maximum pixel clocks are a part of the LCD screens themselves, a difference in cables, or what. The only noticable difference visually is that the newer monitor has more of a red hue than the old one but that is to be expected since there's a few thousand hours of use on the old one (and yes, I did play with the color settings of the monitors).

So is this a normal thing or a bad thing or would more info be necessary? The monitors are both ViewSonic VX922 19" LCDs @ 1280x1024. I used the DVI cables provided by ViewSonic.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved