Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: 24v dc-dc converter for robot 
seesoe
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 23:32:51    Post Subject: 24v dc-dc converter for robot Reply with quote

hello everyone on the forum. well i have a summer project ahead of me and im at the point of my robot where i need to figure our my computer hardware.

the computer will have the following:
Pentium 4 i think it was 1.6gHz
20gb HD
512mb RAM
s simple crappy avg video card
i wireless card, either PCI or USB module, i have PCI but might use USB if less power is used
motherboard is a standard ATX

now about the video card, im not sure if the computer will run with the video card not detected, but if not can i get some sort of cheap USB video card and unplug it when i need to use the robot? or is there like a serial video card? lol

now about the DC-DC converter part. of the computer. the computer is the on board computer the robot will have, thusly it will be run by a battery which is DC so i would need the DC-DC converter for my computer instead of a normal ATX PSU. i can't figure out how much watts im gonna need and what kind of DC-DC converter i will need.

is there some other way maybe i can keep the normal ATX and then get some inverter from 24v to 120v?

any input comments would be appreciated, thanks

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved