Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Q6600 overclock details. 
acruxksa
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 03 May 2007 12:09:46    Post Subject: Q6600 overclock details. Reply with quote

Decided to post this in a separate thread to avoid straying too far off topic in the F@H thread. My Q6600 overclock info is as follows:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6 (v1.0)
Processor: Q6600 Intel quad core.
HSF: Zalman cnps9700

Ram: 2x1Gb of Patriot LowLatency DDR2-667 and 2x1Gb of Buffalo Firestix DDR2-800 memory timings are 5-5-5-14 (had to relax them this far because the two different types of modules wouldn't run very well together otherwise) Plan to look into 2-2Gb modules in the near future.

Disabled the usuals in Bios (C1E,EIST,USB Legacy Storage)
Set FSB to 333Mhz, Multiplier to 9, Memory mulitplier to 2.5 (runs memory at 830Mhz). MCH to +.1, FSB to +.05, PCI-E to +.05, Cpu to 1.3625v and vDimm to +.35 (gives me 2.15v). I basically raised all voltages slightly because I'm betting that a quad core cpu and 4 sticks of ram are really sucking the juice.

This allows a very stable and cool overclock to 3.0Ghz on my new quad. I suspect my memory is not really running at 2.15v, but somewhere around 2.1v because with 4 sticks it is probably seeing a pretty good drop in voltage. Also, my cpu is set to 1.3625v in the bios but is realy only getting slightly over 1.3v because of the common vdroop problem. This processor runs loaded in the 48c-52c range, so I'm pretty happy and don't intend to try pushing it any farther for awhile.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved