Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: woohoo!!! 
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 07:55:42    Post Subject: woohoo!!! Reply with quote

Some of you folks know I work out of town during the week for (4) 10hr days Mon-Thurs as a contractor to a telephone company. Well lately I've been working on Fri and Sat at home as well for the same telephone company to get some of the local projects done - but I really haven't been charging any time to the local district because I want get permanent local work. However I kept track of those hours I "donated"..

Well, this week I forgot was a paid holiday week. So I get an extra 8hrs pay for free, however by the time I leave this town today I'll have 37hrs in for my normal district I work at on the road. The supervisor from the district I live in told me to cash in on the hours I've been holding back on, that I earned them and the he knew it'd be a nice chunk of change he'd have to dish out. And stated my efforts and commitment have been well noted by three tiers of supervisors - that I'll be getting alot more local work.

So here's the hours that I have to charge to this week's time sheet.

37 straight pay hrs.
8 holiday straight pay.
15 saved overtime hours (I'm still holding back on a little)
8 hours overtime that I will be working Friday on the holiday I'm getting paid for already.
10 hours overtime on Saturday.

Lets see...
45hrs x $21.00 = $945
33hrs x $30.50 = $1006.5
======
$1951.50 + about $150 in fuel receipts + $100 for this week's motel

Nice big fat paycheck for me. Not bad for an unedumacated redneck who's only time being to college was to design their CATV, telephony, and network cabling for them.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved