Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: You have to be kidding me, "So Long Little Piggies" 
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 13:17:00    Post Subject: Reply with quote

Blue|Fusion wrote:
Wow. This reminds me of my pop culture class yesterday. I had started a quick and brutal debate about the phrase "Africa-American" because everyone in the class kept using it (there's about 5 black kids in there). As we were talking about something, I said "blah blah blah black blah blah blah." Nothing bad, just an answer to something she asked. She corrected me: "You mean African-American." I immediately responded back "No. I mean black." And of course, she replies, "I don't like using that word." And then me and my two buddies next to me had a feel day with her. "So if someone handed you a black pen, what would you describe it as?" And she just looked at us funny. After a few minutes of her and us going back and forth and the room in awe, I finally just say "I refuse to call black people African-American because that is A) too many letters for me to spell out and B) implying that black people are both from Africa and an American Citizen. What about a black person in Britain? They don't call them African-British. What if they're from the Carribean Islands? American-Carribean? No. I'm white. They're black." And after I explained, even the black kids agreed with my position and also told her the same thing.

That was my good deed of the day....week. Smile

Some of us "whites" prefer to be called European-American of the Crimson Neck Variety. lol Wink

BTW, I agree with you in your story..

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved