Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: You have to be kidding me, "So Long Little Piggies" 
Blue|Fusion
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 12:14:51    Post Subject: Reply with quote

Wow. This reminds me of my pop culture class yesterday. I had started a quick and brutal debate about the phrase "Africa-American" because everyone in the class kept using it (there's about 5 black kids in there). As we were talking about something, I said "blah blah blah black blah blah blah." Nothing bad, just an answer to something she asked. She corrected me: "You mean African-American." I immediately responded back "No. I mean black." And of course, she replies, "I don't like using that word." And then me and my two buddies next to me had a feel day with her. "So if someone handed you a black pen, what would you describe it as?" And she just looked at us funny. After a few minutes of her and us going back and forth and the room in awe, I finally just say "I refuse to call black people African-American because that is A) too many letters for me to spell out and B) implying that black people are both from Africa and an American Citizen. What about a black person in Britain? They don't call them African-British. What if they're from the Carribean Islands? American-Carribean? No. I'm white. They're black." And after I explained, even the black kids agreed with my position and also told her the same thing.

That was my good deed of the day....week. Smile

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved