Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Need a recommendation... 
Kilamon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 00:38:35    Post Subject: Need a recommendation... Reply with quote

So, I built out a Linux box a couple months ago (August) and never really finished it until recently. It's running xUbuntu Alternate (server) to handle SMB PDC, DNS, DHCP and a couple of other alphabets for my network. Thing is, I built it from one of the Ultra Aluminus cases that Ultra gave away in their drawing last fall and it's loud. There are only 3 fans (front 120m, p4 stock fan and the window 80m fan) and the whole thing is barely loaded.

I'm thinking that, maybe with all the room in this box, it's time to go with a water cooling kit. I don't need flashy, I don't want lights, I just want an inexpensive, closed-loop, hardy system capable of running 24x7 that's also nearly silent and requires very little maintenance.

If there's a good solution for reducing noise on the fan for the hard drives (I did a software RAID0 with 2x250gb drives), I'd love to hear that too. Grin

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved