Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Memory Questions... 
Raptor3dPilot
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 17:55:57    Post Subject: Memory Questions... Reply with quote

Okay so I just built up my first PC and I'm pretty clueless on memory "clocking." I see alot of people stating they're running something like 5-5-5-12-T1... How do I figure out what my sticks are running at?

Also, can anyone steer me in the right direction as far as increasing the voltage a bit to the memory sticks? The sticks require 2.1v and the MB puts out 1.8v to them.

Oh yeah, here's my current setup: Raidmax X1, IntelĀ® Core 2 Duo E6400, Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 P965, OCZ OCZ2P800R22GK 2GB Kit DDR2 PC2-6400.

The MB came with some software called EasyTune5 which allows me to increase the voltage to the sticks to 2.1v but it does not hold it there (basically would have to adjust each time I turn the machine on)

I tried using MemTest86 but it seemed like it just kept repeating the tests over and over... I let it run for about 40 mins before ending it... Is there an end to it or does it just keep going until you quit??

Lot's of questions...I know Smile but this is a nice website!

Raidmax X1, IntelĀ® Core 2 Duo E6400, Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 P965, OCZ OCZ2P800R22GK 2GB Kit DDR2 PC2-6400.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved