Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Z5500 and X-FI Platinum 
Dr_Pentium
Rated R

PostPosted: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 22:52:21    Post Subject: Z5500 and X-FI Platinum Reply with quote

Hello guys, hopefully someone here can help me out

Here's the issue

I have a SB X-FI and Z5500 connected to my pc.. problem one was when i flip a light switch in my room, or the washroom fan goes on i hear big pops in my woofer, and when the washing machine goes on, i here consistant static.

I searched around the net, and found out that some logitech z5500's had this issue, and logitech did exchange them

I got my z5500's just last week, and i figured since my condo is 30 years old it might be a wiring issue, as in big spikes coming through.

Anyways i replaced the standard speaker wire with 20 gauge shielded cable, and it seems to have done the trick, i get very little pooping form the woofer, and absolutly none when i flip my light switch, so i guess it turns out it was the speaker wires acting like a sort of antenna..

THAT WAS PROBLEM ONE

now what i have is a little crackling through my speakers, its barely audible at low volumes, but when i turn the volume up it sound like a bunch of static, this is with my new speaker wires.

I should mention i had this crackling in my previous speakers aswell, can i do anything about it? or do i just have to live with this electrical interferance?

Also what do you guys suggest to use the XFI DD/DTS decoder for movies or the one built in the Z5500's

Thanks

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved