Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Random Reboot, Failure to boot 
Kilamon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 23:55:11    Post Subject: Random Reboot, Failure to boot Reply with quote

So, ever since moving from my IDE hard drives to my sata setup, then to my sata raid 5 set up, I've been experiencing these unpredictable errors. It's usually the same thing. At boot time, it most frequently occurs that I will not complete my boot cycle. Windows will load, I'll get the splash screen and then it goes black. A couple more rounds of this and then I get booted up and run fine for hours, or even days. Tonight, for the first time, it rebooted when I attempted to switch a video mode and access the CD (to play Dawn of War, now that I got it installed, something I'll detail in a minute). A check of the error log and google produced some nonhelpful answers, so I submit you the following error:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7026
Date: 1/5/2007
Time: 8:26:28 PM
User: N/A
Computer: ASTRO
Description:
The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
atapi
PCIIde

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

My dxdiag is attached.

Quite seperately, I was unable to install the Dawn of War: Dark Crusade game. I was receiving errors about all exe files being invalid win32 applications. Per the DoW forums, I copied the files to a seperate location on the HDD and all installed fine, and I ran the game fine too, though I've yet to have time to actually play a scenario (or even start one).

Finally, so that everyone is aware, I am using the raid5 on the DFI SLi-DR provided by the SiI chip using 3 seagate 250gb hard drives (not mentioned in my sig). I know, it's not blazing speed or the hottest performer, but I can't afford to shell out more dosh on a good, reliable, brand-name raid5 PCI-X card like I want.

Any suggestions on what to try would be appreciated, and just let me know if more info is needed.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved