Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Help..Archos av700 problem.. 
paul.b
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 15:36:07    Post Subject: Help..Archos av700 problem.. Reply with quote

hi guys,just joined up..i`ve just bought a archos av700 (40gb) off a friend,but i think he`s deleted some files from somewhere,because it wont play avi or divx films,just shows on the screen as a square file with a red X,if i click on an avi film,just says "cannot play video please check"
the firware is still origonal 1.2.01,if i updated the firmware,would that solve my problems ? also,,i`ve just been on the archos website,i saw the latest firmware 1.5.12,it says after updating to this firmware there`s no going back,so..is there any disadvantages on updating to the latest firmware ?? or could i update to a later firmware than mine but earlier than the latest version ? i dont want to go updating just to find that this updates rubbish..
all i want it to do is get it to play avi/divX,oh yes,does anyone find the picture quality a bit low res ?? and also,the sound is quite low unless i use the head phones..
please bare in mind that i`m a total novice at all this media player thing..
Thanks in advance..paul..

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved