Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Arctic Cooling Accelero X1 VGA Cooler 
JG in SB
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 16:01:40    Post Subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the excellent review of the Accelero X1. I am using one of these on an MSI Nvidia 7900 GTX. I wanted to find out which temperature you are showing in your results in the review. Did you measure it using the Nvidia control panel in Windows, an external probe, or some other monitoring package (i.e. EVEREST). The reason I ask is I want to know if this is the GPU Core temperature, or the GPU Diode temperature. I have properky installed this cooler, but my GPU Diode temp (the one that gets reported in the Nvidia control panel) is 50 C at idle. When I check this out in EVEREST, I see a GPU Diode temp of 50 C, but my GPU core and memory temps are down at about 41 C, which matches your review.

I am curious, if your temp is the diode temp, why my card is idling a full 10 C higher than what you obtained in your test results. I realize that part of this may be due to the fact that my card is a 7900 GTX and you tested this with a 7800. But 10 C? What sort of temps should I expect with this cooler and a 7900 GTX?

This is a great cooler, and is virtually silent. Also well built. I just want to make certain mine is working correctly, and/or that I don't have some sort of problem that is causing my 7900 GTX to run too hot.

Thanks!!

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved