Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Ultra Products Aluminus ATX Case 
Das Capitolin
Rated R

PostPosted: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 21:31:32    Post Subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so I was very thrilled to have won a black Ultra Aluminus case. When I received it today, I spent over an hour transplanting case contents.

Since I am going to be doing a case review next week for Bjorn3D, I thought that I might use this case as a comparison. Well, hopefully the Aluminus gets better with some tweaking.

So far, I am very disappointed in the lack of 120mm fan support in the case window; nobody really even uses 80mm fans anymore. Next I found the case to also lack a 120mm fan for the top of the case, which is prime real estate for heat (since it rises). Lastly, the front panel 120mm fan insert is just a bad design. It cannot be removed, and it will only work well with lower CFM 120mm fans since there is so much blowback and no clearance at all from the hard disk drive.

On a ten-scale, I would give this case a 7. Pretty case which is built very well, but a high price with no fans or PSU, and the design is a little flawed.

I cannot believe it got a 4 of 5 rating in your review. Crazy

Shameless plug: http://www.pci-express.info

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved