Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Cooling the Pentium D 
Blue|Fusion
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 05 Aug 2006 01:51:37    Post Subject: Reply with quote

Don't go based off of the BIOS temp. It's more accurate to access your motherboard's monitoring chip with a program directly and not go off your BIOS temps.

If the BIOS says it's running at 52C, it's probably closer to 45-47C (atleast that's how mine is).

I'm actually in the process of overclocking and undervolting my rig a little bit this evening. I've upped the FSB to 225MHz, the processor is now at 3.6GHz @ 1.285V and the RAM at 4-3-3-8 (from 4-4-4-12) timing @ 900MHz (from 800MHz) @ 2.0V (rated for 2.1V).

The decrease in voltage on the CPU gave me about a 2C drop in temperature at idle and under load. To make sure the stability is still there, I'm running 2 instances of Prime95 (one on each CPU core) overnight. It's been about 3 hours and no warnings/errors so far.

If you feel up for it, you should try it out yourself to take a few more degrees off, but be sure to test it for stability!

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved