Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: MS Winblows Server 2003 
Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 16:29:29    Post Subject: MS Winblows Server 2003 Reply with quote

IDK who here would have this experience but I figured I would ask here first.

Back in early June we were forced to demote our primary DC. (I know MS says primary DC doesn't exist but it does) Our problem was our DC's were not replicating properly...this was discovered when trying to implement a group policy which wasn't replicated to the other 3 DC's.

That DC had All FSMO roles, schema, domain naming, rid master, pdc emulator, infrastucture master. Since it was the Primary DC it was the only DC in the forest/domain to have schema and domain naming. We transfered schema to another DC without problems but domain naming would not go over (because of the replication issue we had). DUH

We ended up trying a dcpromo to demote the DC. It didn't work because...you guessed it, the replication error we had didn't let the demotion go through. So we did a dcpromo /forceremoval which dropped the domain naming FSMO. We are looking to get that back now incase it comes back to bit us in the a$$ later like the replication failure did.

Sound familiar to anyone?

Thanks a bunch!

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved