Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: VOIP for Professionals (or...those closely resembling them) 
T-shirt
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 19:29:20    Post Subject: Reply with quote

Dr. EvilCheeze wrote:
T-Shirt... just in case you don't know... I actually work on 9-1-1. Also VoIP and 5 9's isn't possible. And VoIP 9-1-1 I don't even think 2 9's are realistic.

I wish I could tell you why, and go into details, but I can't. Look up "911 provider" on google, click on the 1st link and you can figure out who I work for (You'll have to dig a little but it's in there).

So... tust me... I'm not over the deep end. 9-1-1 VoIP is not something I would ever risk mine, or my families life on. It COULD be, but it's not, nor will it probably ever be.

Oh yeah EC I know where you work, where you live, even the color of your panties Laughing (btw it's NOT wednesday yet, try to keep them in order)
AND I definately agree MOST current VoIP is not ready to replace pots, 911 being just one part of the reliablity picture.
For my home/office I have the pots line as line 1 (phone defaults to line one) for inbound and emergency calls and line 2 for outbound calls.
The VoIP provider (still in beta, can't say who) does provide very reliable service and has their own 911 center.
evey month I am required to verify my location before I can dial out.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved