Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: What is the worst luck you have ever had building a system? 
Kilamon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 23:32:58    Post Subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh... Dirty power. This is why UPS units are not only a good idea, but required, especially for anyone living where power is supplied from a large power company (people in the boonies with wind and solar facilities who're off-grid usually have UPS units for the whole house).

The worst system build I've ever had was my own computer. After taking a month to get all he parts gathered, I spent 2 months on getting XP to install -just- right. It kept blue screening, locking up, files not copied over and other issues. Finally, after installing the "experimental third party" bios, the system stabilised but installing the bios ruined the date configuration and I had to reinstall windows again (damned Windows Activation). I think I went through 3 or 4 activation keys and using the WAP file(s) never seems to work. Oh well...

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved