Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: pc for mainly audio listening 
DragonMaster
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 22:24:00    Post Subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
DragonMaster, I don't know why you say Realteks are bad codecs.

Simple : 1st, it's a codec. Separate DACs and ADCs (Hard to find, even on sound cards) are much better.
2nd, it's on the motherboard. The implementation that most, if not every montherboard mfgs. are doing is pretty bad. Next to no power line filtering, cheap preamp and capacitors in the output stage. -> Noisy, often with buzzing in recordings and very low on output if an analog input is enabled.

The codec by itself isn't that bad since there are soundcards with worst codecs, but, there are much more components on a soundcard than a motherboard corner with a codec on it, right? That's why almost every soundcards can beat a motherboard codec. Bad sounding doesn't mean that it sounds like a cheap tape copy played on a walkman. I compared my 1st gen SBLive tValue o the ALC880A and the SBLive with kX drivers sound better. (Plus it's not giving me trouble with CnC95 and the lateat Realtek drivers)

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved