Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: pc for mainly audio listening 
Enigmachine
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 08:27:35    Post Subject: Reply with quote

Does he actually process audio or is he only going to listen to music? Because if it's only for listening, you should reconsider the X-Fi thing. Just because Creative says it's amazing doesn't really make it so. Smile

You can find many comments from "audiophiles" around the net claiming that the X-Fi doesn't actually sound good, that there are distortions and noise, etc. There are also a lot of driver problems.I can't tell wether this is true or not, as I don't have an X-Fi, they're a bit too expensive for my tastes.

You might want to consider instead a sound card with an Envy chip in it and use the S/PDIF output on that. I use the Chaintech AV-710 (7.1 surround), it's very inexpensive (26$ can) and it sounds great (to me, at least Smile. The only real downside is that it's not so good for games (no EAX, etc.)

In any case if it's just for music listening, you don't take a big financial risk by going with an Envy chip. If it's for music processing, then I'm out of my league. Grin

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved