Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: pc for mainly audio listening 
ury2ok2000
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 06:21:02    Post Subject: pc for mainly audio listening Reply with quote

I am trying to piece together a computer for a friend. If it was for gaming i wouldnt have a problem but he doesnt do any gaming just wants to to listen to audio and do common computer tasks. So i am wondering what would be the best band for the buck in putting this computer together. I was thinking to start with the Sound blaster X-FI platinum as a must since audio is his thing. But im not sure about processor and motherboard. He is interested in doing alot of cd/dvd burning as well. Can any of you suggest a good processor/motherboard that wont hamper the X-FI and will allow him to do internet and burning quickly and effectively. Thanks.

As an example i would preferrably like to sell him my old system which is Athlon 64 3000+ with 1gig of ram and x700pro video card (tho that card is overkill im sure) and a FOX conn motherboard with pci express connections and nvidia 4 ultra chipset. would that be more than he needs or about right for a good audiophile computer?

Thanks.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved