Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: What is the best way to set up a home network? 
jasno999
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 07:21:38    Post Subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it is still a bit confusing for a person liek me with little to no experience with network setups.

RIght now I have some folders that are shared and many that are not. I will take a look tonight at sharing the entire C-drive. That might be the eaisest thing to do.

Basically at this point I jsut want to bring all of my I-tunes song files over from my desktop to my laptop. But most of my other files, while it would be nice to access them, I think I will keep them on the desktop and not share them. My reason is that this:

- The desktop is pretty old
- It is running on hope and dreams (seriously it is hurting and I guess from the abuse and the years it has begun to run very sluggishly and what not)
- I have downloaded a lot of programs to it over the years- deleted a lot too. Between that I think I have aquired a few viruses and I am nto sure if they were ever fully treated by AVG. But I think the damage was done.

The computer is still running jsut not well. I probably should try to wipe it out and re-install windows and work fro ma clean slate but since I don't know how to do that, I am scared to do it, and the computer might not be able to handle it and could give me a permanant black screen I think it is better to jsut use it for what it is worth in the time being.

Heck right now I have to put the windows recovery CD into the CD drive just to get the computer to boot up. Otherwise I get this message that says CD BOOT Drive: or something liek that and it gets stuck.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved