Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Need help with monitor, Media center & video options 
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 22 May 2006 12:36:57    Post Subject: Reply with quote

jasno999 wrote:
What does blue tooth really do? I don't understand it al all so I need the 6 year old explanation.

If I get the TV tuner then I am stuck wit hthe TV remote and might not have the ability to access anyhting other than the TV functions. However if I get the media center package with remote then I will not have the TV tuner options right? So which one shoudl I get? Also would I need extra stuff to connect to the TV or does your TV cable jsut connect to a port on the computer?

The Media Center remote would allow you to control anything within Media Center. MP3, Videos, Movies, Pictures, etc. even if you do not have a tv tuner (which the laptop does not come with).

The TV Tuner is necessary if you want to use Media Center to it's fullest, watching TV, scheduling recordings (DVR type function) etc.

If you get the Media Center remote, you would need to buy a TV Tuner card down the road if you wanted those functions. Many of the modern TV tuners are compatible with Media Center, so the remote you have from Media Center would work.

HOWEVER, if the tv tuner was not compaitble, you woudl either control it by the mouse, or it's remtoe (which might not be compatible with Media Center), and it's software.

My recommenation would be to get the remote for $23 vs buying it separately for $75 (at least that's the cost of the MS Media Center remote). Then if you decide you want the TV tuner functions, buy a usb or pcmcia tv tuner.

As for the video card, if you can afford it, get the 7900GS. The 7900GS I bought has 256 on board, and can use 256 of your memory to make it a 512mb video card. Not sure how well that works if you only have 1gb ram though, but I would imagine there's a way to turn that function off. Also, the 7900GS does perform slightly better than my 7800GT in EQ2 (which is a MAJOR resource hog).

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved