Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Cooling the Pentium D 
alilxmas
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 22:19:42    Post Subject: Reply with quote

A friend was havign the same problem, but basically I suggested a few thigns and his temps dropped from idle 40-42, load 62-65

Basically he replaced the stock heatsink for the XP-120, I know this thing is a monster, but it just works so great with a decent 120mm fan on it. And not as heavy as it looks, nice and solid feel when attatched. Havent seen the SI-120 yet so I can't comment on that version.
There is an option to use it on a LGA775 socket.

The other thing was to turn the heatsink 90 degrees if possiable, and have that back fan blowing IN so that the cooler air from the outside was blowing inbetween the fins of the heatsink. between the air being ddirectly from the outside and also the larger heatsink and 120 fax, his temps dropped alot. even surprized me they are now 28-32 idle, load 38-41, actually I have never seen it go over 40 and watched the machine under load for over half an hour. he lives in one of those houses where it is usually 70-80 degrees as well.

Have you thought about getting a sererate temp measuring device? Or trying other temp monitoring thigns like MBM?

Good luck and keep us posted when you have a final solution that works.SI-120
ATI RADEON 9800 XT 256MB
Monitor NEC Multisync FE2111sb
ASUS P4C800-XT
INTEL P4 3.2MZ
HARD DRIVES (2) Western Digitial 200GB
RAM DDR 4GB

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved