Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: w00t! 
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 19:16:29    Post Subject: w00t! Reply with quote

Got a new job!!

Some of you guys know that my company sold it's cable tv system back in Feb, thus leaving me with little work. ...only doing some minor engineering/CAD-E stuff that came in. Plus some odd jobs around the company.

Well, an exgirlfriend of my works that with Henkels & McCoy buzzed me via MSN messenger that my name was brought up in a discussion on who to handle a massive batch of work that they just got from Alltel. She told me to call her supervisor ASAP, so I did. Well, one short talk with him and another with the field supervisor and I score a job.. .....get this, before I even had my resume in. They hired me on the spot over the phone. Only after did the ask me to send in my resume to make it look official. lol

I get my "New Hire" packet in via Fed-Ex on friday. tax forms, insurance papers, etc..

I start work on April 18th, OUT OF MY HOME. At half again what I'm making now.

I will be handling the design of the Brookville and Ridgway, PA area phone exchanges for replacing old/bad telephone lines. Plus CSA designs for remote switches to add DSL and short loops in rural areas. The T-Zones, troubles, are in the couple hundreds for the area. ...that alone will give me nearly two years work.

I was holding out for a position to open up about 180mile from me in Waynesburg. But the guy they have there now isn't quite ready to move on.. I'll have that area too when he leaves. ...used to work in WYBG for Alltel and we had cable tv systems there through my present company.

WoOhOo!! F'n A yeah!

Last edited by knight0334 on Wed, 29 Mar 2006 19:27:37; edited 1 time in total

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved