Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Stealth Switch Desktop Cloaking Device 
Myself
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 13:38:12    Post Subject: Not the first desktop cloaking device Reply with quote

The software GOTCHA! has offered a desktop cloaking feature for years. Gotcha is webcam motion detector software, whose main use is to create time-lapse movies or motion-triggered events. You can set it up with a camera pointing out your cubicle door, mask off an area so it doesn't notice you moving in your chair, and set the triggered event to be the minimization of one or more applications.

From http://www.gotchanow.com/text/g30f.html:

Quote:
Dying to play that video game, but you're at work? Use GOTCHA! to look over your shoulder for you. GOTCHA! will minimize your game and activate your work application in a second.

I don't work for, or know, the company. I've never even registered the copy I played with for a few days. But I knew of the product, and I knew it invalidated the Steath Switch's claim to be the "first" desktop cloaking device.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved