Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Cooling the Pentium D 
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 04:16:03    Post Subject: Re: Cooling the Pentium D Reply with quote

420666 wrote:

Alright I have about the same system....same mb and same cpu. I have 2GB of ram and a XL800 512MB card with 2 WD SATA2 250GB HD's. When my room is cold the cpu temp is 112F (idle). When I play BF2 its 163F-165F. Already that is pretty hot, but when I tried encoding a DVD with DVD Shrink I caught it at 191F. Anyways shink has been the only program able to do this....When I watched it the 4 cpus in task manager were close to 100%. Anyways I have the stock heatsink on there now and want to get a new one.....I was looking at the Arctic Cooling - Freezer 7 Pro, but is there a best heatsink for the pentium D? Obviously I may have installed the stock heatsink wrong and am going to check it out, but I want to know if anybody else has used this CPU with DVD Shrink and noticed extremely high temps while encoding. No other program has come close to maxing out the cpus like it does. Oh and I also used crappy Windows XP X64 lol, my room is hot most the time too....75-80. My alternitive would be getting a top end liquid cooling system like the RESERATOR 1 Plus, but is that going to make a huge differnce vs a nice heatsink?

I went with a Big Thermaltake Typhoon - CL-P0114

When I played BF2 before it ran at about 165F (73.8C) and now it runs at 130F (54.4C)....idle temp dropped about 10 or 15 F too. I want to try DVD shrink since that made it hit 191F (88.3C) before, but I am using a 2nd computer as a dedicated dvd burner so I cant test it and dont got the drive in here anymore...oh well.....it works great. O and I used Arctic Silver 5 incase anybody is wondering.

-Sam
Berkeley Web Design
www.berkeleywebdesign.com

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved