Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: deletion? 
T-shirt
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 14:27:33    Post Subject: Reply with quote

You will need a bootable windows partition (any version, off a extra drive, thumb drive or ? will work) and enough drive space to save the pics to (network drive is fine if you boot with network drivers)
then try
http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/uk/welcome.htm
I haven't used this version (for Hard Drives)
but I did use the flash media version (smart recovery on an xD card my father fubar'd and recovered 99 out of 102 "trip of a lifetime" pictures.
after several passes (different setting reveled more pictures, but took longer) I formatted (full format both in the computer and the camera) the card and still could recover 97 of the pictures!
the program works at the bit level and looks for the leadin-out/header code sequence of selected file types (ie JPEG's all start with a 40(?) character sequence and with 24 of the same characters so everything in between is part of the picture) This is basicailly how all data recovery programs work, though you won't find any cheaper than this (professional image recovery range from $3-40 per pic recovered from the media, and you pay for everey one recovered, not just the ones you want (close to $4k for my Dad's x D card, had we gone that way Yikes )

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved