Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: this truck even amazed me it still ran -or could run ! 
Spire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 18:08:54    Post Subject: Reply with quote

When I was in tech school, I bought a 1970 toyota HiLux pickup for 200 bucks.

It had no title, throttle cable, dipstick, back window, paint, or rear brakes. It did have one front brake however.

I drive this thing for a year or so and finally we decided to take it up in teh mountains and destroy it.

We rolled it twice, jumped it many times, and ripped both doors off using trees and high speed backward passes.

Finally one tie rod broke and we couldnt steeer with both front wheels, so we tied it to a tree, put it in 4th gear and tied the carb open. Ten minutes later of over redline running we got bored waiting for it to fail and I hit the valve cover with a sledge, broke one rocker arm and bent a pushrod...

It still ran (lower R%PM however) after 5 more minutes of waiting we chopped the radiator with an axe.

It ran for almost 10 more minutes and finally it siezed hard.

Then we backed up a few 100 feet and shot at the gas tank with a 300 Winchester. It never did blow up, we ran out of bullets.

This is the reason I bought a 2000 Toyota Tacoma with 50k miles... I figure I have a good 300k left before I need to open the hood.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved