Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Mod Project 
CHollman82
Rated R

PostPosted: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 16:27:32    Post Subject: Reply with quote

Actually, here's a good idea. What about wire mesh? Not like fence material but a fine wire mesh like people put in their cars grill. Making it a sphere would be difficult though, well, not really but making it look good as a sphere would be. Then, the entire thing would be see through. I think it would look cool, at least what I am envisioning in my mind does...

To make it a sphere you would have to take a similar size sphere and cut it from pole to pole at even intervals, the more the better, and then flatten it out to see what a flat cut sphere would look like. Then, take the mesh material and cut it to look the same and then fold it into a sphere and connect the sides somehow, maybe solder.

Look at this stuff, 30 bucks for a 12" x 48" sheet that could be cut to make a 30" x 30" square. Buy 2 for $60 (the price of most cases) and you get 60" x 60" of the stuff, which should be more than enough for a few screw ups lol

http://www.autodirectsave.com/MeshGrille.asp

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved