Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Serener GS-L01 Fanless Mini-ITX Case 
vanaalten
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sat, 06 Aug 2005 12:07:48    Post Subject: Re: Running too hot!!! Reply with quote

rinnan wrote:
Firstly, I'll admit, it's all worst-case scenario. I built it with no instructions, with the standard plastic (not metal) attachment pins, I used the MII12000, not the M10000.

Also I live in Hawaii, and the ambient temperature is about 81 degrees (27 degrees celcius) indoors, where I am.

It idles at 64 degrees C, too hot.

My situation: it's a server in a hot closet (about 33 degrees on a rather cold day). It's an M10000, I've used Arctic Silver 3 as a thermal paste, used the standard plastic pins. No optical drive, there's just a hole in the case for now.

Result: it idles at 43 degree celcius; the harddisk is mostly idle at 52 degree celcius.

1) thermal paste makes some difference, but only a few degrees, not 20 or so. You should watch out for too little or too much paste. The manual instructions: put paste on the processor/NB, push the heatsink on it, remove heatsink and check if it made enough contact with the paste.

2) did you apply the paste both on the processor/north bridge AND between heatsink & case?

3) I'm running Linux and at first, the results from the 'sensors' program was different from the BIOS. A different configfile solved this. Did you verify your temperature with a BIOS reading?

If you would like a copy of the manual, mail your mailaddress to vanaalten AT hotmail.com and I'll send you the pdf-file.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved