Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Serener GS-L01 Fanless Mini-ITX Case 
rinnan
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sat, 06 Aug 2005 05:11:42    Post Subject: Running too hot!!! Reply with quote

Hello. I bought my Serener GS-L01 from East Luna, they didn't send me any instructions. I built it with an MII 12000, and am having some big heat trouble.

Firstly, I'll admit, it's all worst-case scenario. I built it with no instructions, with the standard plastic (not metal) attachment pins, I used the MII12000, not the M10000.

Also I live in Hawaii, and the ambient temperature is about 81 degrees (27 degrees celcius) indoors, where I am.

It idles at 64 degrees C, too hot. I don't even have the optical drive in yet (it's on order) and the case is still open. I did use (of course) thermal compound. Would another brand than what they gave me work better? Where do I get these metal pins or screws to secure the heat-pipe more tightly to the cpu and other chips?

I've built many computers before but never a fanless one. I hope I don't fry this puppy...

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved