Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Five Ways To Block SPAM 
stiltner
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 10:35:30    Post Subject: Reply with quote

I'd suggest everyone checkout Spampal for free spam filtering with MANY plugin based configuration rule options, Baysian filtering and many others.

While it is always a work in progress changing thing, the software is stable 99% of the time (some e-mails with junk characters kill it for some reason). The author has always been VERY responsive, and I've donated to show my appreciation.

It works with every e-mail application I've used. It works in the following fashion:

you change your e-mail server to be 127.0.0.1 and then your login information would change, instead of having your login as just your name, it changes to name and domain on one line, for example, instead of "bud" as your login name it would be "bud@yahoo.com"

I've used it with PMMAIL and The Bat! (my current program of choice) it has auto config plugins for Outlook and 2-3 other popular programs also. Check it out guys, I think you'll be very satisfied with the results.

www.spampal.org or www.spampal.com (version 2 is apparently getting closer to release).

And for reference, I'm nothing more than a happy, 99.5% spam free user Smile

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved