Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: New computer recommendations 
huwyngr
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 29 May 2005 20:52:53    Post Subject: Reply with quote

Just a couple of points -- I'd back one of the larger PC Power& Cooling PSUs but if you were thinking of coupling it with one of their cases they don't sell them anymore. They only do PSUs.

I got one last fall with the bays I wanted (4 x 5.25 and 2 +1 3.5) with a 410 watt PSU and when I went to their website for some information on the front panel I found no cases; they confirmed by email that they did them no more.

If you have not installed SATA drives before, do be very careful how you handle the cable connections -- IMO the design of the SATA power and data cable connectors is atrocious and should never have been released for public use. The plastic surround that is all that holds the connector on the cable in place (wiping contacts not pins) is very fragile and I broke one of mine when moving the data cable (it's stiff) while it was plugged in to the drive.

I know -- it's probably designed or at least approved by a SATA committee ............

But do be careful and never try to pull a drive from a bay with the cables plugged in.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved