Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: DFI Lanparty nF4 Ultra-D/SLI-DR Thermal Images 
Mastakilla
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 25 May 2005 13:02:46    Post Subject: Reply with quote

very kewl article

i really like the idea

there is one thing i think that should be done differently though

i know lots of people actively cool the PWM-IC area and the RAM which is nearby the cpu fan...
also for me this brings a huge stabilty increase when overclocking...

without active cooling i could clock to maximum 10x241Mhz and 10x246 allmost stable
with VERY active cooling on that area (loud 120mm fan) i could go as high as 10x260Mhz (i have a winchester 3200+ with a sucky memcontroller)

now this was all with a amd boxed cooler which, like yours, cools the RAM and PWM-IC area ALOT too...

i currently run 10x241mhz without active cooling, since i coulnt stand the noise

in the future i wanted to go for watercooling, and i would expect a major difference of heat of the RAM or the PWM-IC area

so actually i am more intrested in thermal pics of a watercooled system then an aircooled system (AND sucky airflow would even be better to show the problem areas Wink)

i also heart some people ask about the difference when u use the 4V option for the RAM on the DFI board (for which u would prolly need to test with some UTT or BH-5 mem)
personally i dont need those pics with my corsair 4400C25 mem @ 2.6V Wink but if u wanne be really complete...

but still, very nice article, hope to see a followup soon Wink

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved