Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: New computer recommendations 
Tech-Daddy
Rated R

PostPosted: Tue, 24 May 2005 17:59:20    Post Subject: Reply with quote

sgogeta4 wrote:
Why/how is the Seagate better than Hitachi's? Both have NCQ, Hitachi has SATA-II, while it isn't utilized at it's fullest, it's still faster than SATA?

A lot of us in the tech world got burned, and significantly on the Deskstar "Deathstar" line on their 60GXP and 75GXP line of hard drives. They were synonymous with failure/heartache and data loss. Mad

IBM, to this day, will not admit that they did anything wrong. Class action lawsuit is wrapping up against the company, settlements will be paid out, all done without any admission of fault or wrong doing by IBM. Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head

Now, I *know* that the hard drive division was sold off to Hitachi, and I know that Hitachi was coming out with drive pretty quickly after they bought the division. That says to me that Hitachi was using IBM engineered hard drives that they sold under ttheir banner.

I do not trust Deathstar drives. IBM? Hitachi? Dosen't matter... All Hitachi can do with the huge number of IT personel that were burned by this travisty is to build the Deskstar name back up into something that represents quality among the buying public, and the next generations of Sys Admins and computer builders.

This generation of system builders is lost to that company. I think they know that. I think they also price their drive knowing that they have an uphill battle to gain back mind share.

Good to decent prices, quick time to market. Good performance.

... but I still don't trust them.... Bang Head

Gimme a Seagate any day. I've also hear mutterings that WD will have SATAII out in the June/July time frame.

I'll be jumping all over that.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved