Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Ergo! 
vulcan
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 14:24:59    Post Subject: Reply with quote

can't stand em. i have had one on and off at work for a while now. Work policy is that i use one. Like hack, i have to use several different computers through out what i do, so i prefer a straight one as it's the norm and the ergs actually hurt my wrists and back more (due to my typing position). So, i switched it with a straight one from home. Next day, i find a brand new, out of the box erg back on my desk and the straight one in the bin beside my desk (i like this straight one, not the nicest one i have but it is comfortable to use). So, the erg goes back in to the store room, straight one is plugged back in. Later that day i get called into the boss's office and get a bawling out because of my use of a straight keybd, and a lecture on how i'm to use a erg bacuase it's better for me, despite me pointing out that ergs cause me more pain than straight boards. if he was really looking out for my welfare, he's give me a straight dvorak keyboard, which is what i use on this machine at home, which is even nicer than qwerty keybds.
Anyway, i just kept on switching keyboards as soon as i got in, with brand new ergs appearing on my desk everyday and being put in to the store cupboard, eventually they just gave up.
I later found out that it dept didn't care, and most of them prefer straight ones anyway. It was just my boss's instance on everyone using an erg that made them keep changing it

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved