Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Help me buy a new router 
uscfan
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 02:25:24    Post Subject: Reply with quote

I have been a network dudez0r for a few years and my experience with Linksys has been nothing but hell. All their products have required major tinkering to slightly work, but never seem to work properly. All their new products are behind the rest, some dont even come with WPA.

I am a Netgear user for life. I have a server and when I was redesigning my network I got a new D-Link switch and for some reason the upload was capped at like 2kbps no matter what I did so I replaced it with my older (by a good 2 years) netgear hub and it has worked flawlessly ever since. I also have a netgear 802.11b router that has given me nothing but good times. Netgear has the best administrative interfaces ever. If anyone owns a D-Link they will especially know how s#!7* the interface is.

Recently the third port on my hub died and I decided it was time to get a new one with 10/100 when I purchased the new Rangemax netgear router. THIS ROUTER IS THE SEXIEST AND MOST KICKASS OF ALL ROUTERS ON THE FACE OF THIS EARTH!!!!

http://www.mw-systems.com/images/rangemax/

Take a look in there and you can view the two images I have, sad I did not take a good pic, but there is a good video showing all the leetness of it. Also there is a blurry pic of my new switch which I installed and it worked flawlessly.

So with that, I guess if you want you could check out that new gaming D-Link router, but the best company imho is hands down Netgear. Some complain they have crappy support but there is no need since you have forums like this and a really easy and efficient administrative interface.

So now my whole network is powered by Netgear except for that lonely crappy switch off in the corner of one room connecting my grandmas computer Wink

Email me or something if you have any more questions...

uscfan@mw-systems.com
Powercolor X800XL
OCZ Powerstream 520
OCZ EL DDR PC-3200 Platinum Revision 2 (Samsung TCCD)
Current Venice System fund: $500
:slobber:

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved