Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Need Help Diagnosing Failure 
franks_geckos
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 12:57:03    Post Subject: Need Help Diagnosing Failure Reply with quote

I had a system fail over the weekend. I suspect either Power Supply, CPU, or Motherboard (perhaps graphics card). I noticed the system was down as the monitor had no signal when I turned it on ( I usually leave the pc on) . When I depressed the power button to attempt to start it, the red light came on (solid) for approx 3-4 seconds along with all fans, and then the system shuts off. After this point, it could take several minutes before pushing the power button will even cause a light or fan power. When I opened the pc up after the first attempt at restarting it, the power supply was warm. My board is an Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe Motherboard. I have a AMD Athlon XP 3000+ Processor and an Nvidia 5600 Video Card with 256MB Video Ram. If anyone has any experience with this type of failure, I would appreciate any thoughts. The unit was sent back 2 years ago when it was new a week after I bought it under warranty for the same symptom, whcih the manufacturer said was a loose wire on the power switch. I checked that out this time and do not believe it to be the case.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved