Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Front Case USB 
huwyngr
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 22:01:21    Post Subject: Reply with quote

I'm just about to buy from NewEgg a Soyo Bayone drive bay unit that combines card reader slots with USB plus audio on the front panel. It uses connections to the USB header on the mobo.

I have picked up some reports in Compuserve where I'm on staff of some examples (one of which is my own) of the front panel USB sockets not working although plugged into the mobo. One was with an ANTEC case I believe and they have confirmed to the user that case's connectors are incorrectly wired.

My case is PC Power & Cooling and my mobo is ASUS and the USB ports on the front of the case do not work although plugged in. I've not had time to check this with PC P&C but in any case when I fit the Soyo I'll disconnect the case USBs on the front.

I'm well supplied since my case has two on the back and I have an Adaptec DuoConnect with 3 more rear panel sockets and two internal connections plus firewire! <g>

There's a wide selection of these drivebay units some even including mobo temperature readouts. I looked at the details of the InWIn reviewed here but was not sure it handled both of the cards I use.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved