Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Odd Linux Partioning?!? 
Doctor Feelgood
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 12:58:54    Post Subject: Odd Linux Partioning?!? Reply with quote

On the site's current server, we have two 80GB hard drives... sda has just about every partition and file for running the site, and sdc is one big partition with a folder for nightly backups and another folder where mySQL runs, which is symlinked back to the main drive.

New server Grin was setup and the partioning is a bit odd to me... Two 73GB hard drives in this one, with the following partitions...

/dev/sda6 26G 1.7G 23G 7% /
/dev/sda1 198M 25M 163M 14% /boot
/dev/sda3 487M 8.1M 454M 2% /tmp
/dev/sdb1 50G 245M 47G 1% /home
/dev/sda2 15G 264M 14G 2% /var
/dev/sda5 26G 33M 25G 1% /backup

Just seems confusing to me...

So... /home is the only thing on the second drive? And where is the balance of that drive's space? Don't tell me 23GB disappears during formatting.

And... does it look like I can accomplish what I want with this setup? Backing up site files to the /backup folder is ok, and leaving mySQL in /var/lib at least has them on a drive separate from the front end... But not separate from the OS, etc...

Confused

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved