Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Grisoft AVG Free up to Rev 7 
ranch39
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 19:58:55    Post Subject: Reply with quote

Can somebody offer any suggestions to the following situation:

I have been using AVG for years and have loved it. I recently experienced some problems with Outlook and thought I had a virus and wasnt convinced that AVG was on top of it so I downloaded the 30 day trial version of AVG 7 professional. At the end of the trial period, I decided I didnt need it and let it expire, thinking that the original version which I never deleted, would still be active on my computer----it wasnt. And right at that time, one of my kids clicked on a link on an AOL Instant Message and introduced a virus into the machine. It was then that I discovered that I didnt have AVG so I went to the website to download it. When I tried to set it up, I'm told that I already have Version 7 on my machine, so the Free version won't load. When I try to uninstall 7, I keep getting a "Failed " message. Something about the "Installer Initialization" failed.

The most frustrating part of all is that everytime I click on a message in my Outlook, I keep getting an error message that says :

The Add In C:|Program~1\Grisoft\AVGFREE~1\AVGxch32.dll could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the help menu.

I can't do anything in Outlook without this error message popping up.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved